- We thought we had stinky feet cures in the bag, but Fitsugar's got other ideas. After you've whipped up your Savvy Lady cocktail, you'll never guess where you can put the leftover vodka.
- We're always looking for interesting ways to use up our homemade yogurt and this Yellow Zucchini Tarte from Chocolate & Zucchini takes the, well, tarte. Mint, ricotta and yellow squash? A perfect fresh combo for a light autumn dinner.
- Planning a wedding, or know a savvy someone who is? A Beautiful Mess has the loveliest homemade gift idea to pop the question to your future bridesmaids. Inexpensive, thoughtful, elegant—right up our savvy alley.
- Leave it to our newly married savvy accountant to turn up a fab article on turning ugly schmattas into wearable chic for $1 apiece. Blogger Marisa Lynch gave herself 365 days to make 365 new outfits with, you guessed it, 365 dollars and the results are awe-inspiring. Go Marisa!!!
- Savvy Central is chock-full of savvies who believe in the BYOL (Bring Your Own Lunch) so we were thrilled to learn about the Wrap-n-Mat from The Green Mom Review. It's a reusable lunch bag and place mat rolled into one eco-friendly wrap. SWOON!
- Hang on to that summer glow with Beauty in the Bag's budget-friendly perfect picks for extending the sun-kissed look.
- Katie at Confessions of a Young Married Couple is prepping for a big move (good luck Katie!), but even in the chaos, she's got a gem of an idea that works whether you're moving or not: keep one separate bag for each activity handy and in one place at all times (school bag, gym bag, work bag, toiletry bag, shoe bag, diaper bag, you get the idea...everything goes in a bag!)
Savvy 7 Things to Know/See/Do This Week (Sept. 8)Wednesday, 08 September 2010 14:07 Written by Savvy Girl
Ooh-la-la, savvies, it's a shorty this week and hump day cropped up faster than expected. Nevertheless, for what is quickly becoming our favorite new feature, we loved scouring goodies around the web and are thrilled to present ye with our favorite links of the week!
Savvy Tip of the Week
Look up which night your local museum is open for free for an art-inspired date night
What is 24/Savvy?
24/Savvy is about living the smartest, most creative life possible with whatever we’ve got on hand.